8 x Sets Brain Gain Cards (240 cards in total) - Literacy and Numeracy for Grade R - Grade 3
Developed by Jane Jarvis (Educational Psychologist) & Debbie de Jong (Learning Support Specialist)
This game has been designed to target and strengthen the skills and knowledge outlined in the South African CAPS curriculum. Games are a wonderful way to learn skills such as spelling, reading difficult words, tables and bonds. Studying can be made fun through the use of games which are invaluable for the repetition necessary for developing the fluency and speed needed for these skills. Repetition is BORING and most children are not motivated to learn in this way, particularly those with barriers to their learning and especially those with ADHD who lose focus easily and who need lots of variety and novelty to keep them stimulated.
The Brain Gain cards were designed to:
- Allow children to learn at their level to ensure feelings of success and boost motivation.
- Reinforce Foundation Phase literacy and numeracy concepts in a meaningful and interesting way.
- Encourage and improve listening and auditory perceptual development.
- Learn, practice and use phonics
- promote discussion, exploration and problem solving.
- Enrich vocabulary and general knowledge
- Stimulate reading and comprehension
More about the cards
- Brain Gain cards are laminated to ensure longevity and are easily wipeable so sticky fingers are not a problem.
- The front of the card shows the concept
- The back has 6 questions that all relate to the concept.
- There are 30 literacy cards and 30 numeracy cards PER level
Parents | Teachers | Therapists